Whilst you cannot change the architectural style or age of your home, you can do some things that can increase the value of your property. If you schedule a valuation, you need to get your home ready cosmetically and check the selling prices of area properties.
Getting the Home Ready Cosmetically
Updating your home cosmetically may involve the following steps:
- Declutter your house and make sure everything is neat and clean. Making sure your home is clean and neat will assist you in showcasing your property’s best assets.
- Make sure the home smells nice. Get rid of any underlying odours – smells that can be caused by rubbish that has not been removed or ash trays that need cleaning. Add some scented plug-ins, such as cinnamon, to scent the air.
- Emphasise neutral colours instead of bright hues in your décor. According to estate agents in London, it is more difficult to sell a property that is vibrantly coloured. Allow your home to serve as a blank canvas so that buyers can envision adding their own colour choices. Therefore, you may need to repaint some rooms before scheduling a valuation.
- Make sure you light any dark areas of your hom A home should be well illuminated, even on bleak, grey days.
- Tidy up the outside. Because the exterior is the part of the house that everyone sees first, it should be neat and clean and free of distractions.
Again, check the market for comparable homes selling in your area. The information you gather should give you a better idea of what you will receive when a valuation is made.