Asbestos is an incredibly effective insulator but it is also a known carcinogen. That means that it is known to increase the risks of contracting cancer; it could even be the direct cause of cancer. It is dangerous because it can be separated into fibres. When the fibres are inhaled, they increase the risk of developing pulmonary cancers. To avoid that possibility, you need to have the asbestos removed.
Call the Professionals
You need to make sure you call certified asbestos removal services in Medway.
- As stated earlier, asbestos is incredibly dangerous. It is a toxic substance that should not be handled by anyone other than professionals.
- Asbestos can be separated into very lightweight fibres. If not professionally removed, those fibres can travel in the air into other rooms.
- That means asbestos fibres could end up in your ventilation system and circulate throughout your house.
Who Needs it?
Asbestos was used in many different locations and materials to as late as the 1990’s in some places. That means that anyone who has a home or office that was built before the 21st century will likely need to have their homes or offices inspected. Many owners removed asbestos in the past, so your home might not have it. However, you won’t know until you have it inspected.
You should not look for it yourself. If you disturb it, you could accidentally fragment it and it will become airborne. Also, you could accidentally miss some element of asbestos. Call a professional to handle it for you.